Interesting Best XI

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Excape Goat, Aug 30, 2005.

1. moodiomemo

moodiomemo Member

sao paulo fc
    Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    HI @PDG1978
    BELOW 2 HECTOR YAZALDE ARTICLES FROM SITE FUTEBOL PORTENHO
    YOU CAN USE GOOGLE CHROME BROWSER WITH TRANSLATOR TO READ(TEXT IN BRAZILIAN PORTUGUESE)

https://www.futebolportenho.com.br/...peia-messi-e-hector-yazalde-morto-ha-20-anos/

https://www.futebolportenho.com.br/hector-yazalde-o-primeiro-argentino-chuteira-de-ouro/

YAZALDE ALMOST PLAYS FOR SANTOS FC IN THE END OF 60S AND BEGGINING OF THE 70S(HE WAS AT INDEPENDIENTE IN THAT TIME)
    HE WAS A GOOD STRIKER AND HE PLAYS IN THE WC 1974 FOR ARGENTINA
    YAZALDE, ELIAS FIGUEROA(YEP THE CHILEAN BEST SOUTH AMERICAN DEFENDER EVER)AND CARLOS CASZELY(CHILEAN STRIKER FROM THE 70S AND WORLD CUP PLAYER IN 1974 AND 1982)
    THESE 3 NAMES ALMOST PLAY WITH PELE IN SANTOS FC
    CHECK THIS OUT

ELIAS FIGUEROA - 1964 SANTOS FC WANT TO BY HIM FROM WANDERERS

[​IMG]

CARLOS CASZELY IN SANTOS FC
    https://www.uol.com.br/esporte/fute...ntos-desistir-de-contratar-craque-chileno.htm

PS - SORRY FOR THE BIG LETTERS , IM A 53 YR OLD MAN AND THESE SMALL LETTERS DONT HELP ME TO READ AND WRITE IN THE COMPUTER

PDG1978 repped this.
  2. moodiomemo

moodiomemo Member

sao paulo fc
    Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    ATHIE JORGE CURY - SANTOS PRESIDENT IN THE PERIOD OF 1945 TO 1971 HAVE A LOT OF SIMILARY STUFFS WITH SANTIAGO BERNABEO(REAL MADRID PRESIDENT 1943 TO 1978)
    BOTH WAS PLAYERS IN YOURS RESPECTIVE TEAMS(ATHIE WAS GOALKEEPER IN SANTOS AND SANTIAGO WAS REAL MADRID PLAYER)
    THE PERIOD THEY STAY AS PRESIDENT IS PRACTICALLY THE SAME
    THE PROJECT WAS THE SAME(TRANSFORM THE TEAMS FIRST NATIONALLY AND WORLDWIDE )
    ATHIE WAS AMBITIOUS , AHEAD OF HIS TIME AND WANTED TO CREATE A GREAT FOOTBALL LEGACY WORLDWIDE
    HE WANT TO BUY THE GREATEST PLAYERS TO SANTOS AND I ONLY COMMENT THESE 3
    YOU GUYS DO NOT HAVE IDEA THE NAMES HE ATTEMPT IN THE 50S, 60S AND 70S
    I BELIEVE IN BRAZIL ONLY FRANCISCO HORTA (FLUMINENSE PRESIDENT IN THE 70S ) WAS AHEAD OF HIS TIME AS ATHIE
    HE WANTED TO BRING CRUYFF TO FLUMINENSE WHEN CRUYFF CONTRACT WITH BARCELONA IN THE PERIOD OF 76-77 WILL BE FINISHED
    CHECK THIS OUT

https://medium.com/puntero-izquierd...nense-trouxe-cruyff-para-o-brasil-272a75f856a

O GLOBO NEWSPAPER (BRAZIL) - NEWS FROM 1975 AND 1976

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CAN YOU IMAGINE THIS
    CRUYFF RIVELLINO CARLOS ALBERTO AND PAULO CESAR IN THE SAME TEAM(FLUMINENSE MAQUINA)????

PDG1978 repped this.
  3. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    No worries - I can read it fine anyway (maybe it's easier to read than my own posts!).

There is a video made by a Sporting Lisbon fan (I'm also showing one for Balakov while I'm at it since Stoichkov put him in his XI he made for Placar as well as the one he made for FourFourTwo - that XI was one that was not identical though as I remember he had another Bulgarian Letchkov in the FourFourTwo one and he's not in the Placar one, unlike Bakakov; I've posted the Figo one too since I mentioned him for pre-1995 in my post and it's a good one although it's been discussed on the forum before anyway)

This might be better just for Yazalde's goals though even

To me Yazalde seems a little bit like Kempes in terms of his style, but right footed (I watched a video of him playing vs Benfica too for example). The most footage I saw of Argentina in the 1974 World Cup was vs Poland though (extended highlights), and he wasn't playing in that game for some reason.

moodiomemo repped this.
  4. moodiomemo

moodiomemo Member

sao paulo fc
    Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #1504 moodiomemo, Jan 7, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2023
  5. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I did see about as much of Netherlands-Argentina from 1974, as Poland-Argentina, I'm pretty sure actually, although that game was a little bit one-sided and Yazalde only had 32 touches of the ball according to Sofascore (and only 15 attempted passes and 1 attempted dribble); for comparison, Cruyff although not having his most involved and proactive game of the tournament in general (as opposed to for end product of goals and assists) still had 86 touches of the ball apparently, 59 attempted passes, and 9 attempted dribbles.

Yeah, Cruyff had a back-heel assist to Seninho in that Cosmos game, so I'd imagine there could have been some good combinations with Rivelino had they played together!

6. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I notice now actually that I think you had probably intended to place this link to the Placar 100 players chosen in 1999 (the one above is for World Cups, picked in 2005):
    The Best x Players of the Century/All-Time (rsssf.org)

7. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I noticed this Sampdoria XI, with quite detailed write-ups
    (Pagliuca; Mannini, Vierchowod,Pellegrini, Lanna; Pari; Lombardo, Cerezo; Mancini; Vialli, Quagriarella)
    (with honourable mentions given to Briegel, Jugovic, Veron, Gullit, Katanec, Souness, Brady, Francis, Platt, Vincenzi, Bernasconi, Ocwirk and Brighenti; I can think of some others like Enrico Chiesa or Lennart Skoglund who might have been mentioned but it's definitely a good selection I think, and maybe nice to post it among the tributes for Vialli):
    All Time XI: UC Sampdoria - (gentlemanultra.com)

8. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Rivelino was playing for the world team, the opponent.

Cruijff started the match with shirt number #30, but didn't have (and didn't want) the captains armband, unlike two other ones where he is in the same team as Beckenbauer (or with Pele indeed; Pele generally evaded wearing the armband).

He played very good/outstanding in this game (there is a video of it; sadly not of the other ones, even though one small snippet made it to the ITV football intro), but think - similar to you - the Feyenoord videos (against terrific teams, very well organized and playing fierce), show his passing range and quality in the best way. The number 14 was already in use by Cosmos.

Coincidentally it is the same number as Messi has now, and he also played a couple games for PSG once (just as coincidental: Messi his very first Barcelona game as substitute vs Porto was with 14; then received 30 as squad number).

moodiomemo and PDG1978 repped this.
  9. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Yes, he also played a high-profile friendly vs PSG in a Barcelona shirt IIRC didn't he, in PSG's emerging phase I suppose (scoring with a right footed volley from outside the box in that game).

Isaías Silva Serafim repped this.
  10. moodiomemo

moodiomemo Member

sao paulo fc
    Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    HI @PDG1978
    FRIEND CHECK THIS OUT
    PLACAR START THIS SERIE IN 1982 AND IN THE YEARS OF 1994 AND 2006 THEY DID THIS ELECTION AGAIN
    PLACAR MADE A TEAM OF FORMER PLAYER, JOURNALISTS AND OTHERS IMPORTANT BRAZILIAN FIGURES TO VOTE FOR EACH ALL TIME TEAM OF THE 12 BIGGEST BRAZILIAN CLUBS
    THIS EDITION IS THE LAST 2006
    CHECK THE TEAMS CHOSEN

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PDG1978 and Isaías Silva Serafim repped this.
  11. moodiomemo

moodiomemo Member

sao paulo fc
    Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  12. moodiomemo

moodiomemo Member

sao paulo fc
    Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  13. moodiomemo

moodiomemo Member

sao paulo fc
    Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  14. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    #1514 PuckVanHeel, Jan 7, 2023
    See now an unclear video of the Chelsea match has appeared (does give a bit of impression). Yes, that match you mean is this one (one minute). That was after he had already played games for PSG (Feyenoord the opposite way).

Either way, wanted to say Rivelino was on the other team...

PDG1978 repped this.
  15. moodiomemo

moodiomemo Member

sao paulo fc
    Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #1515 moodiomemo, Jan 7, 2023
    IN 2006 THE BRAZILIAN JOURNALIST JUCA KFOURI HAVE A GREAT IDEA BASED IN THIS PLACAR 2006 MAGAZINE AND INSPIRED IN A ALL TIME TEAM TOURNMENT MADE BY NBA IN 2004 AND REPLIED BY JONATHAN WILSON IN 2006 (BUT IN JONATHAN WILSON TOURNMENT HE DO NOT INCLUDE ALL TIME TEAMS BUT AJAX 70S, HONVED, SANTOS, RIVER 40S, BAYERN AND LIVERPOOL 70S , ETC - BARCELONA GUARDIOLA WINS THIS IMAGINARY TOURNMENT AND WE HAVE A THREAD HERE IN THE FORUM)
    HE PUT ALL THESE ALL TIME TEAMS CHOSEN IN THE PLACAR 2006 AND INVITE JOURNALISTS AND BRAZILIAN PERSONALITIES TO VOTE EACH MATCH OF THE TOURNMENT TO CHOOSE ONE WINNER
    HE MADE A FINAL WITH 3 TEAMS AND SANTOS WIN THE TOURNMENT
    CHECK THE BRACKET AND RESULTS BELOW

[​IMG]

CRUZEIRO X FLUMINENSE - CRUZEIRO WINS 7-1(VOTES) - TOSTAO AGAINST RIVELLINO

[​IMG]

SANTOS VS SAO PAULO - SANTOS WINS 8-0 (VOTES)

[​IMG]

VASCO VS ATLETICO MINEIRO - VASCO WINS 7-1(VOTES)

[​IMG]

16. moodiomemo

moodiomemo Member

sao paulo fc
    Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    CORINTHIANS VS PALMEIRAS - PALMEIRAS WINS 7-1(VOTES)
    [​IMG]

FLAMENGO VS GREMIO - FLAMENGO WINS 7-1(VOTES)

[​IMG]

BOTAFOGO VS INTERNACIONAL - BOTAFOGO WINS 6-2(VOTES)

[​IMG]

17. moodiomemo

moodiomemo Member

sao paulo fc
    Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    SEMIFINALS ( SANTOS VS BOTAFOGO, FLAMENGO VS CRUZEIRO, VASCO VS PALMEIRAS)

BOTAFOGO VS SANTOS - SANTOS WINS 7-3

[​IMG]

VASCO VS PALMEIRAS - PALMEIRAS WINS - 7-3(VOTES)

[​IMG]

FLAMENGO VS CRUZEIRO - FLAMENGO WINS 6-4

[​IMG]

18. moodiomemo

moodiomemo Member

sao paulo fc
    Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    THE FINALS
    [​IMG]

FLAMENGO PALMEIRAS - FLAMENGO WINS - 6-4

[​IMG]

SANTOS VS PALMEIRAS - SANTOS WINS 9-2

[​IMG]

SANTOS FLAMENGO - SANTOS WINS TOURNMENT 10-0(VOTES)

[​IMG]

THE RESULTS
    [​IMG]

19. moodiomemo

moodiomemo Member

sao paulo fc
    Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Isaías Silva Serafim repped this.
  20. moodiomemo

moodiomemo Member

sao paulo fc
    Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  21. moodiomemo

moodiomemo Member

sao paulo fc
    Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    RACING (ARGENTINA) - ALL TIME TEAM [​IMG]

22. moodiomemo

moodiomemo Member

sao paulo fc
    Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    OLYMPIQUE MARSEILLE ALL TIME XI

[​IMG]

23. moodiomemo

moodiomemo Member

sao paulo fc
    Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    NACIONAL URUGUAY - ALL TIME XI

[​IMG]

DE LEON, PINI, UBIÑA, ESPARRAGO, MONTERO CASTILLO, MANGA
    RUBEN SOSA, ATILIO GARCIA, SCHUBERT GAMBETTA, MORALES E LUIS CUBILLA

24. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    This is a different one by Figueroa as on the previous page isn't it?

25. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I think I posted this 1995 one too and also a similar one by Onze Mondial readers in 1995 (the readers, not journalists; their readers peculiarly voted Van Basten as #2 for the 1975-1995 period).

It's actually a pretty good selection. There are some things I have always agreed with (the ordering Platini-Zico) and others I don't (Cruijff-Beckenbauer; Muller-MvB - yes I have seen that the Spaniards, English and Italian representatives went for MvB).

Also fascinating how Guerin Sportivo goes for Neeskens, while he obviously never played there (and they have a wealth of Italian-based players to pick from; this 'bias' is there naturally, also a 'bias' for their Argentine friends). I wonder how someone like Arturo Vidal will be remembered in due time (imho the single best Juventus midfielder for the years 2013 to 2017, maybe with the exception of one year).

Remarkable too how Cerezo remembers playing against Feyenoord! Made me remember this:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/interesting-best-xi.325564/page-58#post-39192595