Wait, WHAT?? An ACOUSTIC Gibson Les Paul??

fixintogo

• Members

Mn.... I can see it as a concept, but no doubt it'll turn out to be an over-priced lifestyle accessory.... An Epiphone version in a solid colour might have more appeal, but only if I was regularly playing "acoustic" gigs where I needed something that wouldn't feedback. Could be cool for a rockabilly rhythm sound.

• Members

Aesthetically it looks great, almost futuristic.

The idea would work better as a variax, than a solidbody w/piezo but that would inevitably be completely slagged and shunned by the multitudes of guitar purists.

• Members

They sold those briefly a while back (maybe 10 years ago?). It's hard to tell in those photos, but the bridge is integral to the top, sort of a hump that protrudes from the body with a slot in it for the saddle. They were crazy expensive. List was somewhere around $5k if I remember correctly.

• Members

They sold those briefly a while back (maybe 10 years ago?). It's hard to tell in those photos, but the bridge is integral to the top, sort of a hump that protrudes from the body with a slot in it for the saddle. They were crazy expensive. List was somewhere around $5k if I remember correctly.

Yeah, you can see it a lot better with the sunburst finish:

thecollection3057.jpg

Archived