Condy ?s

saltlicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering what are some signs of a sick condy anemone? Just picked one up and i wanted to know what to look for if it becomes or is sick dont want my tank to bomb cause i didnt notice any tips apreciated its in a 30gal long with a marineland led single bright also have two clowns in there
877f96fc5e38834de1d14c33edd563c9.jpg

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that one looks ok to me. But from what I understand, clowns wont host a condy. Something about their sting being too potent. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong on that. I do know you want to look for bleaching, a gaping mouth and if it deflates for a long time. Typically you can tell by looking at it if something is off.
If you want anemone info I would suggest visiting and posting in the the anemone and clownfish area of the forum. It will probably attract the attention of people who can help better faster.

OP
OP
S

saltlicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ty i noticed and did so im not as worried about them hosting though i have read some will host them it was not my goal if it happens kool it not i still love the anemone

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Condy's are a hardier anemone in my exp. Just make sure it has plenty of light and clean water. I have one in my 10 gal that has a lot of sg swings since I forget to top off and it is not bothered by it. I used to feed it, but now I rarely do. They will sting and kill any coral in their way though. Sometimes a fish may disappear or so I have read.

OP
OP
S

saltlicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So him being open is ok? He does eat just gave him small peoce of shrimp ate it like a champ

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can survive on light alone. When I had mine under low light the tentacles got fat and the tips became more bulb like.

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 73 29.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 71 29.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 51 20.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back